Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Birthday Cake Chocolate Bark


Credit for this recipe goes to How Sweet it Is.

When we were preparing for Spencer's birthday party, I came upon this recipe for cake batter chocolate bark. It looked delicious, but I ran out of time and energy to complete it for his birthday party. So, I put it off a few days, or weeks, or something, until I eventually got up the will to try to make it.

It was pretty simple. And it is pretty delicious. Though, I must warn you, it's super sweet. To combat the sweetness, I used dark chocolate with sea salt. It helped a bit!

I divided the recipe in half, knowing full well I could not eat an entire batch. I also used some different chocolates and more cake mix than her recipe calls for. But, like I said, it tasted delicious.


Here's how I did mine...


Birthday Cake Chocolate Bark:


3.5 oz dark chocolate with sea salt (I used Godiva)
7 oz. white chocolate (I used Lindt Vanilla Bean (I think it was Lindt))
2 T. yellow cake mix
sprinkles


  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Melt dark chocolate in the microwave or double broiler. (I did mine in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.) Pour onto baking sheet and smooth it with a spatula.
  • Freeze for 20 minutes.
  • Melt white chocolate as you did the dark chocolate.
  • Slowly whisk in the cake mix, stirring until smooth. Let it sit for about 2 minutes (until slightly thick).
  • Remove baking sheet from the freezer and immediately pour the white chocolate over it. Spread it evenly and add your sprinkles to the top.
  • Freeze for 20 minutes (or two days, if you're me and forgot...)
  • Once it's set, break it into chunks and taste!
  • Store it in the fridge.


Ours has been in the fridge for about two weeks and is still pretty dang tasty. I know, two weeks sounds gross, but I promise, it's not. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment