Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nik's Sausage & Tortellini Soup

I love soup. Especially homemade soup. I find it quite a joy to make it up as I go.

I don't use recipes often. When I find one I tweak it to make it my own. Sometimes I just create as I go.

I made a sausage and tortellini soup a few weeks ago that my husband particularly loved and raved about to his coworker. He asked me to make it again so he could share.

I did today. Here's my recipe, roughly:

- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 jug v8 juice + 1/3 jug water
- 1 bag tortellini of your choice (I usually use tri color three cheese)
- 1 bag frozen Italian blend veggies
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- minced garlic
- minced onion
- Italian blend seasoning
- cayenne pepper
- Mrs. Dash (I use table blend, tomato basil garlic blend, and original blend)

Brown sausage in Dutch oven with minced garlic, minced onion, and cayenne pepper.

Add v8 plus water, bouillon cubes, and seasonings to taste.

Add vegetables and tortellini. Heat until tortellini is tender.

I like to add a but of mozzarella when I eat it.


It's super simple really!







No comments:

Post a Comment