Friday, December 28, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Soup

Lately, I am obsessed with buffalo chicken meals. I guess I have been for quite some time.


If you know me well, you would likely know that I am also somewhat obsessed with soup. I found a canned buffalo chicken soup at the store about a month ago and I had to try it. It disappointed me. Hardcore.

So, I made my own. I based it off a recipe I found online, but changed it up. Quite a bit. That one seemed bland, too.


Buffalo Chicken Soup
1 large can chicken broth
5 cups chicken bouillon broth
1 cup milk
1/2 c. Chopped celery
1/2 c. Chopped carrots
1 can diced potatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 c. Whole kernel corn
4 or more tablespoons buffalo sauce
2.5 pounds cooked, shredded chicken
3/4 c. Shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 c. Shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. Shredded Parmesan cheese
5 oz. crumbled blue cheese
2/3 c. Flour
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced onion


Sauté the minced onion, celery and carrots in the butter and garlic in a Dutch oven or soup pot.

Add liquids, heat thoroughly. I use the canned broth plus broth from bouillon to add some salt.

Toss flour and cheeses together in a bowl. Add gradually to the hot liquids.

Add buffalo sauce. I usually just dump some in at this point.

Stir and continue heating until cheese is melted. It takes a while. Stir frequently.

Add drained cans of potatoes and tomatoes and the corn.

Add shredded chicken. Add more sauce and milk or broth if its too thick for your liking.

Heat thoroughly and enjoy!


I took the photo of the completed soup prematurely. I needed to sample a bowl to make room for the rest of the chicken so it wasn't thick as I usually have it and the cheese wasn't completely melted yet. Whoops.



No comments:

Post a Comment